We are Indians and we are proud of ourselves. But there are somethings that no one can understand. Basically, these things are something only Indian kids can understand. We love our parents, yes we do and there is no sarcasm in this line. But there are some things which are pretty weird for Indian parents.
And there are things only Indian kids can understand. (That I can bet!!!) There are moments when you just feel like ‘what’s exactly happening around me?’ or ‘why is this happening to me?’ And then you realize, ‘Oh shit! I am an Indian and that’s why this is happening to me.’
Well, let’s talk about stuff only Indian kids can understand:
1. ‘Sharma Ji ke bete ko dekha hai? 95% marks aaye hai. Or khud ko dekh, 94.9%, thodi si bhi sharam hai?’
2. At the age of 14:
You: Papa, Can I learn to dance?
Dad: No! This will not make you a successful person.
At the age of 20 (while watching a dancing show):
Dad: Do you see this kid? He’s only 15 and he’s already on TV. Tujhse toh kuch hoga hi nahi!
You: But Dad…
Dad: Shut up! Stop arguing with me.
3. The moment you are leaving the house, your mom handover some work to you.
4. ‘Beta aate time Dhaniya or Mirchi le kar aana!’
5. ‘Why aren’t you eating? What did you eat? Haan, bass ghar ka khana toh khaana hi nahi hai! Main toh pagal hu jo roz khana banati hu!’
6. ‘Don’t you dare to wash your hair or eat non-veg on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday!’
7. When you reach the age of 23. ‘Do we have to look for a girl for you or you already have someone?’ Basically, they want you to marry as soon as possible!
8. The root cause of your every problem is your mobile phone.
9. No matter what your age is you just can’t indulge in sexual activities. And hugging or kissing in front of your parents is a SIN.
10. And if you don’t want to be an engineer or a doctor, you’re going to destroy your life.
11. The moment your parents say, ‘Char log kya kahenge?’
Images Source: Giphy, Tumblr